Generator Maintenance in Greater Baltimore
How Generator Maintenance Benefits You
Just like your car motor, generators need proper maintenance. All generators require regular filter, spark plug, and oil changes to maximum their performance and ensure years of trusted service.
The benefits of generator maintenance include:
- Provides the assurance and relief that your generator is working as it should
- Identifies potential issues and allows you to get them fixed right away
- Avoids costly repairs or sudden need for replacement
- Extends the lifespan of your unit
At Clinton Electric Company, we would be more than happy to work with you in ensuring that your generator remains at optimal performance. We can also advise on some DIY maintenance that you can do at home as well as sign you up for a preventative maintenance plan for a more detailed inspection and upkeep of your generator.
Generator Maintenance Checklist
Automatic standby generators require routine maintenance for a lasting performance and extend the lifespan.
Some simple maintenance that you can do for your generator includes:
- Checking the enclosure’s louvers for dirt
- Removing tall plants growing within three feet of the discharge and intake louvers
- Clearing debris that has accumulated inside the enclosure
- Checking connections and lines for leaks before each use
- Checking oil levels after more than 24 hours of use
- Using the correct oil type for the local climate in accordance with the user's manual or guide
While many automatic standby generators have a shutdown when low oil pressure is detected, this is not indicative of required maintenance. Our technicians will thoroughly assess your generator to keep it in top working order.
Contact us at (410) 449-7292 to learn more about proper generator maintenance.
We have transparent and upfront pricing so that there are no surprises.
Customer satisfaction is our top priority.
We offer 24/7 emergency electrical services.
We have been servicing customers since 1969.
Periodic Generator Maintenance
The following steps carried out after every 200 hours of use helps ensure your generator operates at its best during an outage:
- Check the battery condition
- Check electrolyte levels
- Change the oil
- Replace the oil filter
Every 400 hours of use, or after about 4 years, complete the following:
- Replace the air filter
- Regap all spark plugs and replace pitted or fouled spark plugs
- Adjust and inspect valve clearances
The Clinton Electric Company Generator Maintenance
At the Clinton Electric Company, we go above and beyond these minimum requirements for all the generators we install and for our maintenance contract customers.
Some things you can expect from our generator maintenance include:
- We do a 3-month break-in oil service for every generator we install.
- We use only 5w-30 full synthetic oil in every generator.
- We also wax every generator we maintenance twice a year.
- We use all Generac preventive maintenance equipment.
Our commitment to quality explains why we have generators that are 12 years old and still running with no issues.
Give us a call at (410) 449-7292 to schedule generator maintenance in central Maryland today. We also offer preventative maintenance plans and free estimates.