While performing diagnostic on existing issue found that breaker reset and held without any problem. After talking to customer, determined they usually had computer equipment in the room and had it plugged in when breaker had tripped. There were multiple power strips and seems something he had been plugged in previously was responsible for tripping the breaker. Also re-secured loose receptacle that was in small office area near computer equipment. While performing diagnostic in 100 amp sub panel in the laundry room found melted main breaker and bus bar. Recommended customer immediately replace panel as it was a fire hazard and certainly could stop working at any time.
Skills Posted on
February 22, 2021