Electricians for Switches & Outlets
Repair, Replacement & Installation from Premier Baltimore-Based Electricians
Light switches and electrical outlets are the most common electrical interfaces in a home. According to the National Electric Code (NEC), there are only a certain number of outlets that should be placed throughout each room and the electrical circuits in your home need to be able to support multiple outlets. Additionally, you need GFCI-protected outlets in outside receptacles, in your garage and near any open water source such as the kitchen and bathroom.
If you have an older house and are missing any of these basic code requirements, call Clinton Electric Company. We can provide a thorough inspection of your house and make sure everything is up to code. We can even fix these problems while we’re there. If you need to have a new electrical outlet or switch install, our Baltimore residential electricians can do this for you as well in a quick and efficient manner.
Depending on how old your house is, your switches and outlets may have started to wear out. It’s time to replace them if:
- Plugs easily fall out of the sockets
- There is no power even when devices are plugged in
- You experience mild electric shocks from faceplates
- You have to flip the switch multiple times
Upgrade Your Home
Another reason to replace your outlets and switches is for home upgrades and inspections. Our electricians serving Baltimore and the surrounding communities can install outlets and switches, as well as entirely new electrical circuits to upgrade your existing outlets. Newer electrical receptacles come with USB ports built in. With so many of our electrical devices powered by USB, we can help shortcut the adapter by upgrading your outlets. Or, if you have a room with outlets that are wired to a switch, we can adjust which outlets are always on and which ones are switch controlled.
We have transparent and upfront pricing so that there are no surprises.
Customer satisfaction is our top priority.
We offer 24/7 emergency electrical services.
We have been servicing customers since 1969.
DIY Troubleshooting Your Receptacles
While we highly recommend that you leave all electrical service to us, we understand that you may want to be sure that the issue is something that wasn’t just a product of overlooking some things. If you insist to check things out before you call your local electrician, we suggest that you follow some of our safety tips to avoid any hazards:
- Check the electric panel for a tripped breaker: If the tripped breaker is in the middle or off position, it must be pushed completely off before pushing back to the on position to reset it. Sensitive electronic equipment should be turned off prior to resetting the breaker to avoid damaging power surges. If the breaker feels hot to the point that you can't keep your finger on it for more than a minute, turn that breaker or the entire panel off and give us a call.
- Check the GFCI protection: If power is out to a GFCI receptacle, the first thing to do is test the receptacle by pressing the “test” button and then the “reset” button and see if this restores the power. As a precaution, if your GFCI outlet or breaker continues to trip, it is trying to tell you something. This could indicate a dangerous ground fault situation. It is recommended that you consult a licensed electrician to troubleshoot the issue.
Call Our Baltimore-Based Electricians Today!
Clinton Electric Company is committed to providing outlet and receptacle service that exceeds your expectations. The job isn’t finished until you are completely satisfied. Our guarantee is backed nearly 50 years of commitment to customer service. We live and work in the Baltimore metropolitan area, so our customers are our neighbors too.
We pride ourselves on maintaining high reviews and obtaining positive feedback from our customers. Feel free to contact us at any time with questions on any of our services.
For upgrades, repairs, or replacements to your outlets and switches, Clinton Electric Company is your best choice in the Baltimore area. Give us a call at (410) 449-7292.